TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS
In accordance to our Business Continuity plan and the health and safety of our most valuable asset, which is our staff and their families, we are shifting to a “Work remotely” strategy. We are continuously monitoring the spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19), around the countries where we operate and globally. Internally, one of the plans that were set in motion as a precautionary measure include the following actions:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
- For our staff, if they are sick (e.g., flu, cold), we are recommending staying home;
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness.
- If have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care immediately and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods.
These are precautionary measures from the World Health Organization (WHO).
While being compliance with the local laws and maintaining our signed Service Levels GENSA GROUP and its affiliates set in motion part of our plans as long as needed. Our staff will be working remotely as much as possible, there are travel restriction policies and our corporate events are cancelled or rescheduled. Our staff is committed to maintain or exceed the SLA now and after.
All Our facilities will remain closed, and we are not accepting walk ins. As a customer, any additional information needed please contact your account executive immediately.
TO OUR STAFF –
In order to maintain successful and sustainable remote work, please consider the following precautionary measures but not limited to:
STAY SAFE AND WELL
Working remotely is about protecting our physical and mental health by minimizing getting in contact with the virus. Working where you live can create its own kind of stress so plan your daily schedule ahead, including an exercise routine and when is your personal time, staying away from your working space. Temptations for loosing focus will happen, so stay focus on your daily plan!
EAT AND SLEEP WELL
Maintain a healthy lifestyle. This is not the holiday Season when its very common to gain a few pounds while at home. Also don’t fall into the temptation of working after hours while everybody is sleeping. You need to rest as well!
GET THE JOB DONE
Don’t procrastinate! Even though that it may look like a good idea, this will not help at all. Our customers and teammates need your talent and skills. As an engine needs every gear to push forward, the company needs you. Also, you will need the feeling of being productive as part of the labor force that moves us. Also encourage others by leading with the example.
Communication is everything. Keep and maintain an open channel with your co-workers. Don’t be afraid to turn on your video. This will give more confidence to who is on the other side of the screen. Don’t be afraid to show that you are doing great!
For the opportunity to be able to see the positive among all the negative. Positive thoughts are very powerful and are a game changer. Be positive and grateful, not everybody is able to work remotely or able to avoid contact with the virus, like doctors, nurses and everybody who is doing their best to make a better world.